This is an entry-level Qualification for those who want to enter the field of Education, Training and Development, specifically within the sub-field of Early Childhood Development (ECD). This Qualification will enable you to facilitate the all-round development of young children in a manner that is sensitive to culture and individual needs (including special needs), and enable you to provide quality early childhood development services for children in a variety of contexts, including community-based services, ECD centres, at home and in institutions.
1. Communicate in a variety of ways within Early Childhood Development and societal settings.
2. Use mathematics literacy in real life and education, training and development situations.
3. Plan and prepare for Early Childhood Development.
4. Facilitate and monitor the development of babies, toddlers and young children.
5. Provide care and support for babies, toddlers and young children.
6. First Aid Level 1 (2 day course)
Unit Standards approved:
• US 115441 – Understand school management and leadership in the South African context
• US 115439 – Manage policy, planning, school development and governance
• US 115436 – Manage teaching and learning
• US 117871 – Facilitators: Facilitate Learning using a variety of given Methodologies
• US 115753 – Assessors: Conduct Outcomes Based Assessments
• US 115759 – Moderators: Conduct Moderation of Outcomes Based Assessments
• US 117877 – Coaches: Perform one–on–one training
• US 117865 – Mentors: Assist and Support Learners